We are proud to inform you that our Energy Efficiency Controller with Frequency Inverter (EEC-FI)
realized savings of up to 7.9 %.
Of course, a few conditions been in favour to achieve this high number:
- Port operation of a 3600 TEU Container vessel - main engine was not running
- Installed are 3 Sea Water pumps with a motor rating of 86 kW each
- Actual electrical consumption is 77 kW
- With Frequency Inverter it was only 6 kW - 71 kW saved!
- The savings reducing directly the auxiliary engine load, which represents the total fuel consumption in port
But since Sea Water Pumps are designed for full load and water temperatures of 32°C, we are certain to realize as well high savings with main engine operation.
The FI realized power savings of 78% of the Sea Water Pumps